The printed PDF version of the LitChart on The Crucible .
JAMES KARAS REVIEWS AND VIEWS THE CRUCIBLE REVIEW OF the crucible essay introduction literature essay on the crucible essay on the crucible by arthur miller.
The Crucible Quiz Act I Arthur Miller Salem Witches Buysellteach.
The Crucible Act Questions Pinterest.
comparing the crucible and mccarthyism essay.
essay on john proctor the crucible character analysis essay john studylib net in help crucible logical homework the fallacies.
The Crucible Discussion Questions Flourtown Gulf John Proctor s house at Lowell Street in Peabody Ma Study com.
why did arthur miller wrote the crucible essays.
Quiz Worksheet Act Summary of The Crucible Study com.
The Crucible Test.
The Crucible Act Questions batasweb.
Webster s High School Drama Department Roger Ebert Webster s High School Drama Department Roger Ebert Review The Crucible by Renaissance Austin .
Context essays crucible One of this year s eclectic choices is The Crucible by composer Robert Ward and librettist Bernard Stambler It gets a superb production conducted by Nicole .
abigail williams essay the crucible essay GradeSaver.
The Crucible Final Exam W Answer Key Miller Buysellteach essay questions for the crucible Essay On The Crucible Crucible Characters Crucible Characters.
crucible essay assignment TeacherLingo com.
AP English Language The Crucible Dialectical Journal docx AP Design Synthesis.
Cause and Effect in The Crucible In literature as in life .
english the crucible essay english the crucible essay.
crucible essays the crucible revenge theme essay conflict in Study com.
crucible essays the crucible revenge theme essay conflict in nitasweb.
crucible essay english the crucible essay the crucible home page .
renaissance essay essay writing my family short essay on my family Teachers Pay Teachers The Crucible Final Exam W Answer Key Miller .
The Crucible Project Choices Marking Period One Creative Response you read this marking period .
crucible play review essay Preview.
The Crucible Miss Ryan s GCSE English Media.
The Crucible Final Exam question test Final exams lotasweb essay buddhism essay question essay topics for the crucible photo essay crucible essay topics buddhism essay.
the crucible theme essay the crucible theme essay wwwgxart the Ascend Surgical.
crucible essay english the crucible essay the crucible home page Print The Crucible Act Epilogue Summary Worksheet.
topics english essay writing topics for high school english sample essay topics essay topics essay topics.
the crucible essay topics the crucible essay prompts wwwgxart to essay on the crucible by arthur miller www gxart orgthe crucible by arthur miller use of.
Crucible essay choices.
Arthur s Choice the Sequel Why did he take out Act Scene mrfrade thgradeenglish.
JAMES KARAS REVIEWS AND VIEWS THE CRUCIBLE REVIEW OF GradeSaver.
The Crucible Final Exam W Answer Key Miller Buysellteach hahatasweb.
Conflict in The Crucible Scribd.
Destiny QUEEN S CHOICE IS GODLY Queen s Choice Sidearm Crucible .
The Crucible Act Questions Video Lesson Transcript Study com Memories Essay Short Descriptive Essay Should Drinking Age Be .
crucible essays the crucible revenge theme essay conflict in SparkNotes.
proposal essay topics crucible essay proposal essay topic ideas prison studies by malcolm x essay yesdearinc Pinterest.
The crucible The CrucibleCharacter ListJohn Proctor A local farmer who lives just outside town Elizabeth Proctor s .
The Crucible Arthur Miller ppt download aoimdns.
The Crucible Final Exam W Answer Key Miller Plays Multiple hahatasweb.
The printed PDF version of the LitChart on The Crucible .
causal essay topics causal essay topics oglasi causal essay topics causal argument essay examplescausal argument essay Pinterest.
crucible play review essay mukaieasydns.
The Crucible Journal and Essay Questions The o jays Essay studylib net.
crucible essays themes in the crucible essay conclusion cryo Webster s High School Drama Department Roger Ebert Webster s High School Drama Department Roger Ebert Review The Crucible by Renaissance Austin .
Do Now Pass forward your HW Grade Sheet Signed Crucible The Crucible Act III.
The Crucible Movie Questions docx Mrs Younkin English The crucible essay questions the crucible essay questions act fc.
essay crucible essays crucible essay what is the dramatic essay the crucible essay prompts crucible essays.
Do Now Pass forward your HW Grade Sheet Signed Crucible .
Most Important Themes in The Crucible Analyzed Child Poverty Essay Definition Happiness Essay Essay On Family Critical Lens The Difficulty In Life Is The Choice Crucible Free.
The Crucible Arthur Miller.
real i d net.
A List Of The Crucible Compare And Contrast Essay Topics Research paper for college Bullying Essay Topics Marmosdewe Let The Resume Take The Research Paper Examples.
Compare Contrast Essays Choices for Organization Transition Words Hollywood com Compare Contrast Essays Choices for Organization Transition Words Hollywood .
Crucible The Choices That Change Your Life Forever Walk Thru the Pinterest The Crucible Act Study Questions.
The Crucible Essay Questions Act .
Higher English critical essay revision notes on Arthur Miller s .
proposal essay topics crucible essay proposal essay topic ideas prison studies by malcolm x essay yesdearinc Course Hero.
Crucible The Choices That Change Your Life Forever Walk Thru the Bible Phil Tuttle Chris Tiegreen Amazon com Books Child Poverty Essay Definition Happiness Essay Essay On Family .
A List Of The Crucible Compare And Contrast Essay Topics hypocrisy in the crucible essay conclusion cryo english essays reviews.
crucible play review essay why did arthur miller wrote the crucible essays.
the crucible essay topics the crucible essay prompts wwwgxart to Carpinteria Rural Friedrich.
Essay Questions For The Crucible Act .
Context essays crucible essay on the crucible by arthur miller www gxart orgi background and procedure ii colonial literature.
The crucible essay prompts.
essay for scholarship scholarship essay prompts narrative essay prompts jpg letter letter template word uploaded by.
Crucible essay question ayotasweb God Does Not Exist Essay Education Is The Key To examples of synthesis essays ap english essay topics ap synthesis account representative cover letter freelance writer.
The Crucible Final Exam question test Final exams .
crucible play review essay muchimdns QUALITIES netzari info.
essay buddhism essay question essay topics for the crucible photo essay crucible essay topics buddhism essay.
The Crucible Quiz Act I Arthur Miller Salem Witches Buysellteach .
night essays choice and chance night essay night essayquot anti LitCharts.
The Crucible Analysis Dramatica Essay.
Essay themes for the crucible.
cb c eca a e abf eb png.
The Crucible Character Diary Project John Proctor Essay Example St George s Cathedral Perth Why did The Crucible Project.
the crucible john proctor essay john proctor essay an essay to trace the changes in the Good Essay Topics.
Print The Crucible Act Epilogue Summary Worksheet Languageoflightmusic com.
Essay writing KS resources all.
The Crucible Essay Questions Act .
SparkNotes The Crucible Act III james karas reviews and views blogger n.
The Crucible Unit Plan Jeremy C R Crouthamel Pinterest.
Crucible essay choices free essays Greensboro North Carolina .
easy essay topics for college students expository essay topics for easy essay topics for college studentseasy.
crucible play review essay Diamond Geo Engineering Services Essay Writing The Crucible Study com The Crucible Learning Goal To be able to break down.
The crucible Ascend Surgical Sales essay questions for the cruciblethe crucible essay topics essay topics for the crucible rajipeseck the queen.
crucible play review essay Mid Term .
Crucible The Choices That Change Your Life Forever Walk Thru the .
The crucible .
the crucible essay topics the crucible essay prompts wwwgxart to The printed PDF version of the LitChart on The Crucible .
Homework help logical fallacies in the crucible help with paper mukaieasydns.
The Crucible why i wrote the crucible questions AP Lang Comp proposal essay topics crucible essay proposal essay topic ideas prison studies by malcolm x essay yesdearinc.
Essay on the crucible theme.
topic of an essay informative essay topics informative essay Crucible.
Crucible decision essay john proctors lotasweb.
Related post for Crucible essay choices
The Crucible Intro Presentation
Read through the following to gain background knowledge and understanding of the play before we begin reading. Remember, this play is an allegory and represents something else. We are exploring different concepts and aspects of human nature. What do you think this unit says about humanity?
- Before we begin this unit, you will be working in groups to complete a presentation on issues related to the Salem Witch Trials and Arthur Miller in the 1950s. You will be working in a group of 2 or 3 to create a presentation on one of the following Crucible Presentation Topics.
Your presentation must include:
- A title slide.
- Informational slides that present relevant information about the who, what, where, when, why, and how of your topic. Try to stick to big picture information. There is no limit to the number of slides you should/can have, however, you should not have more than 30 words per slide.
- Your slides should abbreviate the important ideas/points of your information so that people can take notes. You will be penalized for lengthy amounts of information on slides. No paragraphs.
- Your presentation should contain at least one picture per slide.
- Your final slide should be “the big 3.” This will be a slide with the 3 most important facts for your presentation.
- You must provide a bibliography at the end of the presentation.
Study Guide and Vocabulary Words
Article By Arthur Miller
Write down 3 important facts that you learned from the article and be prepared to take a short quiz.
Background Information & Witch Hunt Movie
- Before we start reading the play, we must get a better understanding of the parallels between the 1950s and the Salem Witch Trials. We will first watch a short History Channel presentation about the Salem Witch Trials before we discuss the 1950s. Please download and complete the Salem Witch Trials Movie Guide as we watch the film in class.
- Read/overview the article about Arthur Miller and Communism.
- Look up information on Edward R. Murrow. After watching the History Channel presentation on the Salem Witch Trials, we will be watching the 2005 film called, Good Night, and Good Luck. This film will show what life was like in the 1950s with Joseph McCarthy and the power of fear. How are are the 1600s and 1950s similar and tied together?
Homework - Writing assignments
Open the Bingo cards above in your NeuAnnotate app. You will be secretly assigned the role of one character from The Crucible. Your job will be to create a "dating profile" for your character. You need to find phrases that your character has said from the play that might allude to who they are without being obvious (ex. don't pick "Hi, I'm John Hale"). You can also pick out character traits or details for characters that don't have many speaking parts (ex. "Hi, I am a tavern owner and I lived with my husband for 3 years before marrying him, who am I?"). You do not need to repeat quotes from the book. The best way to play this game is to actually make up your own quotes but in the context of your character. Try to create some difficulty to your "profile" so that people have to think about the character in order to guess correctly. On the flip side, you should not pick information that nobody would be able to figure out.
You will go around the room and mingle during the "dating session." After meeting someone, say hello, and share a little bit about your character-self. Each person gets one attempt to guess the character. If you get the answer correct, sign a bingo card square, if you get it wrong then ask for!
- Article on Arthur Miller
- Crucible Plot Flashcards - Use as a refresher course to the story (You will need to hit the button on the top toolbar that says "study"). You might also consider using all of your study guides to review the events of the play.
- Be sure to know the primary setting of each act of the play.
- Look over the notes you took on each of the introductory presentations. Questions from the "3 main points slide" will be added to the test.
- Be sure to go back and look through your character guide sheet. Not only will you need to know plot details about the characters, but you will also need to recognize character quotes. As I have said before, I don't expect you to memorize every single line of the play. However, you should be able to reasonable infer what a character sounds like based on his/her character traits that we have been discussing in class. Find a quote and ask yourself, "why did this character say this?"
- What is an allegory and how does it apply to this play?
- Why do we read The Crucible in our exploration to learn more about human nature? Think about universal ideas and themes.
- Why did Arthur Miller write this play?
- Puritan Society
- Joseph McCarthy and McCarthyism
- Communism and The Red Scare
- The Hollywood Ten and Blacklists
- Edward Murrow
- Look over your historical notes on the Salem Witch Trials from the documentary we watched at the beginning of the unit.
- Be sure to understand what Hysteria is and how it may have played a part in 1692 and the 1950s.
- Your essay for the Crucible will be very similar to writing assignment #2 on this page. Consider the fact that Arthur Miller almost used this play as a warning; If we do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it.
- Similarities between the play, historical events, and the 1950s.
Read through the requirements for the final essay. These essays will be done in class.
Writing your INTRODUCTION:
1. An interesting statement or quote. Try to pick a quote that is in reference to your topic.
2. Sentence about big ideas (no specifics).
3. Introduce title and author of work and provide a short summary of play and characters.
4. Sentence leading to thesis statement.
5. Thesis statement.
Writing your BODY PARAGRAPHS:
- Topic sentence (identifies topic). A reader should be able to read the first sentence of each paragraph and clearly identify what information will be presented. For this paper, you will identify a theme of the paper. Remember, themes are messages about what the reader will learn. Your themes will likely be more than one word. If you are confused, read the following Handout on Identifying Themes.
- Explain the importance/relevance/prevalence of the topic. You might consider the following questions to answer: Why is this theme important? What does the theme mean? Is it found in other literature. Why would anyone want to learn about this theme?
- Connect topic of paragraph to source/book. Use examples and textual support from the play to make a connection to your thesis. Remember, you are identifying important themes. Show the reader where the theme can be found. Provide the background to set up examples.
- Quotes. Textual evidence to support the theme you want to analyze. Quotes should connect to the theme and not simply affirm your retelling of the story (ie John Proctor represented the hero of the story. His conversation was important. "John walked over and talked to Abigail." In this quote, the writer has only supported that something has happened but doesn't support a theme of a hero).
- Analyze Quote. Once a quote has been given. Be sure to explain to the reader how the information connects. How does the quote you picked show the theme (i.e. in #4, how does a good quote show an example of heroism?)
- Wrap up. Be sure that each paragraph has a closing sentence. Try to have something that relates back to the overall topic of your paragraph.
You should use the Editing Sheet before turning in your final paper.
"Sinners in the hands of an angry god"
Listen to this excerpt from Johnathan Edward's famous Puritan sermon. Make a list of the images that stand out to you (there will be lots of descriptive imagery). How does this sermon embody the Puritan way of life? How might this type of sermon caused problems in the Puritan society?
Click the buttons below to play the audio version of the Sermon.
Writing Assignment #1
You will write a well-written one page paper about reputation. This is a personal essay so you are allowed to use "I" in your writing. Be sure to think carefully about the topic and what you want to say. Think about what reputation (name) means in the play and if the same ideas apply to your life.
Describe what reputation means to you personally. Consider the following questions:
1. Is reputation important? (in general and/or to you)
2. How is reputation changed?
3. Do you personally care about reputation?
4. Has your reputation ever been changed?
5. Have you ever changed the reputation of another person?
Writing Assignment #2
Are there parallels between THE CRUCIBLE and present day? Your task will be to find a news story from the last year that can be compared to The Crucible. Use the current events from an article or news story and relate it to the play. What are the parallels between your story and the story of the play. Be cautioned that this is a thinking exercise. Do not pick out a story about a woman who makes magical love spells and then was committed to an insane asylum. While entertaining, try to find stories that relate to the big themes in our book. Look for stories about the hypocrisy of society, how fear controls people, hysteria, witch hunts (not literal), and other important themes. Find a story and then draw connections to the play (be as specific as possible).
You will need to write a 1-2 page paper on your article and will need to include the following:
1. An introduction to why you picked the article (cover the theme).
2. Provide a short summary of the article.
3. Explain how the article relates to the play.
Be sure that you are using specific examples for #3.
This paper must be typed and in our regular paper format for the class. The paper should be double-spaced, 12 point font, and Helvetica or Times New Roman.