Administrative assistant cover letter sample
This cover letter example for an administrative assistant will help you to sell your skills and professional demeanor.
Use these tips to write an administrative assistant cover letter.
To be the successful candidate for an administrative assistant job, it helps to have a cover letter that can sell your administrative skills, such as organization, communication, and time management, to employers. View our sample cover letter for an administrative assistant below.
And if you need additional writing tips, join Monster for free today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for administrative assistant jobs.
1543 Elm St.
Sometown, NY 11111
Home: (555) 555-5555
1428 Main St.
Anytown, NY 12222
Dear Mr. Short:
Are you spending too much time handling administrative tasks? Would you like to free yourself from tedious detail work so you can focus on building your business? If the answer is yes, then we should speak.
I offer a five-year track record in office management and administrative support. You will benefit from my following key strengths:
- Computer expertise, with proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of administrative duties, including executive support, office management, billing/invoicing, payroll administration, customer care, account management, database administration, document preparation, travel/meeting coordination and project/program support.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging business problems.
- A proven reputation, with a consistent history of exemplary performance reviews and recognition for driving efficiency improvements to office systems, workflows and processes.
I am confident that if you hire me as your administrative assistant, you will have more time and energy to concentrate on growing your business. My resume is enclosed for your review, and I will follow up with you in a few days to discuss your administrative support needs. You may also call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.
An administrative assistant cover letter sample will guide you in drafting your cover letter which is one of the most important ways to send your resume to the employer. The job of an administrative assistant is of higher responsibilities and often employers look for a capable personality while recruiting for this job position. Hence, one must pay special attention to their administrative assistant resume and cover letter.
We always tell people to keep their cover letters short and precise. However, it’s not the case for candidates applying for Admin. Assist. jobs. Recruiters often spend a lot of time going through number of resumes and cover letters for this job. Several parameters are checked prior to calling an applicant for a personal interview. Hence, the applicants need to understand all the important factors before writing their cover letter.
Points to Remember While Writing Your Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
- Your cover letter must be exceptionally well written without even a single flaw
- Start it with your personal information like full name, location, phone number and email aligned to the right side
- Next to it, mention the date of application followed by the employer’s details like name, organization name, and designation. This should be aligned to the left
- After these personal details comes the subject line. Keep it short, simple and crisp
- Followed to the subject line you can start up with your cover letter body. The first and introductory paragraph must mention your application for the position and how did you come to know about the requirement. No hefty talks! Keep it short and to the point with max two sentences.
- With the second paragraph educate the recruiter about your potentials and qualities that make you eligible for this profile. While mentioning your skills try using some power keywords related to the industry or from the employers job description that will help them realize your knowledge.
- Since, the administrative assistant position is only for the well experienced candidates, your third paragraph must mention your experiences.
- Thank and conclude your letter with the fourth paragraph
The above points will help you write an effective letter to the employer that will trigger him/her to open your resume and read it thoroughly.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT COVER LETTER SAMPLE
FREDDIE K. CASELLA
1886 Prudence Street,
Westland, MI 48185
August 1, 2014
Mr. Huge Jackman
Blue Mount Pvt. Ltd.
Dear Mr. Jackman
Re: Application for Administrative Assistant Job Position
I wish to apply for the Administrative Assistant job position as advertised by you on LinkedIn.com. I have attached my resume addressing the position requirements.
I am a self-motivated administrative assistant with 17+ years of professional experience in national as well as multi-national companies. My previous job experiences have endowed me with exceptional administrative, management and financial skills.
My current job position as an administrative assistant with ABC Pvt. Ltd. offers me to perform duties like coordinating work schedules of senior executives, organize meetings and events, act as liaison to senior leaders & customers, drafting memos, screen phone calls and incoming mails, generating expense reports and many more.
I look forward for an opportunity to personally meet up and discuss my capabilities that would help your organization.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Have a good day.
Hope the above Administrative Assistant cover letter sample guides you in writing your own letter. You can even make use of the above sample cover letter as yours by making necessary changes to it.
You may also in be interested in:
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
Administrative Assistant Resume Template